Pesticide License Renewal: Announcement from ODA

Tanner Sheahan
CPS Tangent

Many of you probably already receive updates from ODA Pesticide Division but I thought I'd re-post the following letter reminding you to turn your pesticide license renewal form in early.  Last year, ODA took a long time to get all the license renewals processed in January and many growers experience a frustrating interruption in their ability to legally buy restricted use pesticides (RUP).  So, be proactive and turn that form in now so everything goes through smoothly and you are not prevented from making an RUP purchase in January.

On a similar note, CPS is now requiring each branch location to maintain photocopies of our customers pesticide applicator licenses.  Fred and Patricia in the chem room are/will/should be asking to see your license whenever you stop in to pick something up so we can take a photocopy of it for our records.  Sorry for the inconvenience but bear with us, it won't hurt too bad.

Here's ODA's letter:

For those of you who have been holding on to your pesticide license renewal notice, now is the time to get it sent in for processing. ODA mailed renewal notices slightly early this year in hopes of getting most licenses issued before the start of the year. Unfortunately, only about 25% of pesticide applicator renewal forms have been returned to us to date. Waiting to return your application form may compound the delay in your 2011 license being issued. The best way to ensure that your license will be active when you need it is to send it in to us early.

In the unfortunate event that you have lost your renewal form, you can use a regular application form from our website. Of course, you will need to fill in all of the information on this form, because it is not custom printed like the renewal form. Find the form that corresponds to your license type from this website:

Please remember to verify all of the information on your renewal notice before sending it back to us. Update all contact information, including phone numbers and email address. If you are filling out an application for a Commercial Pesticide Operator license, please remember to identify all current employees and remove any employees who have left your company. Also, operators should provide up-to-date insurance information. Please note that incomplete applications will take longer to issue than complete applications.

Finally, some people have asked about license payments. Currently, we are not set up to accept web payments, nor are we allowed to take payments by phone or email. The only ways to pay for a 2011 license is by mail, FAX, or in person in our Salem office.