The month of May is a great time to start preparing your yield monitor for the 2011 harvest. In the event that you need to replace a battery, service the monitor or replace impact plates, taking care of this in May gives you time to be prepared for harvest. Following is a checklist to help you prepare for the collecting and storing of yield data.
- Check mass flow sensor plate for wear and replace if necessary.
- Check moisture sensor fuse.
- Check wires for rodent damage.
- Make sure moisture sensor is clear and clean.
- Check the GPS receiver and cables, renew subscription if needed.
- Inspect cables and connections for wear.
- Calibrate distance, header height, swath width, vibration calibration.
- Copy and Clear data from your memory card.
- Change and/or create field names for the memory card.